Archive Pynchon in Public
The Pynchon in Public Podcast is now live! Two episodes have currently been recorded, so head on over to the Podcast page!
Richard Noggle brings news of “three nerds reading … Inherent Vice at Nerd Nite in Lawrence, Kansas”!
Michel Ryckx brings word of the gift that all true Pynchon fans would die for!
“Ben Hendricks created the Thomas Pynchon Action Figure, a Christmas present to a Pynchon reader, while studying at the Dutch Design Academy in Eindhoven, Netherlands. Not having read a Pynchon novel in his life, he used the information he found on the Net to establish his idea of Pynchon:
- the muscled Action Figure wears a military outfit, kind of
- a paper bag on the Action Figure’s head (can be removed)
- rabbit teeth are included. The Action Figure owner can easily put the teeth into the Action Figure’s mouth -and remove it again…
- 4 Pynchon novels, with blank pages (but hardbacks!) that can be put ALL FOUR in one go in the Action Figure’s hands! (all 6 by 3.5cm)
- the Figure’s box is a case based on a 1973 Pynchon novel (owner forgot the title), accompanied by pictures showing 4 classic covers
- the box has following selling points on it (black letters on a yellow background):
CAN READ 4 BOOKS AT THE SAME TIME
REVEAL WHO’S UNDER THE MASK OVER AND OVER AGAIN!
INCLUDES RABBIT TEETH (black lettering over grey background)
It made -and makes- the receiver of this extraordinary gift very happy.
The box is residing on top of some book shelves, underneath 3more than 0 kilograms of Pynchon Novels, Pynchon Criticism and Pynchon Journals”