Michel Ryckx brings word of the gift that all true Pynchon fans would die for!
“Ben Hendricks created the Thomas Pynchon Action Figure, a Christmas present to a Pynchon reader, while studying at the Dutch Design Academy in Eindhoven, Netherlands. Not having read a Pynchon novel in his life, he used the information he found on the Net to establish his idea of Pynchon:
- the muscled Action Figure wears a military outfit, kind of
- a paper bag on the Action Figure’s head (can be removed)
- rabbit teeth are included. The Action Figure owner can easily put the teeth into the Action Figure’s mouth -and remove it again…
- 4 Pynchon novels, with blank pages (but hardbacks!) that can be put ALL FOUR in one go in the Action Figure’s hands! (all 6 by 3.5cm)
- the Figure’s box is a case based on a 1973 Pynchon novel (owner forgot the title), accompanied by pictures showing 4 classic covers
- the box has following selling points on it (black letters on a yellow background):
CAN READ 4 BOOKS AT THE SAME TIME
REVEAL WHO’S UNDER THE MASK OVER AND OVER AGAIN!
INCLUDES RABBIT TEETH (black lettering over grey background)
It made -and makes- the receiver of this extraordinary gift very happy.
The box is residing on top of some book shelves, underneath 3more than 0 kilograms of Pynchon Novels, Pynchon Criticism and Pynchon Journals”